Our greatest asset is our people. We cultivate talent and promote continuous learning in an engaging and progressive environment at Out of the Ordinary Outback Hospitality Group.
Foodservice, bartending, or working as a kitchen hand could be a stepping stone to advancing your skills and training in hospitality and event management. We’re always on the lookout for hospitality superstars, so please apply if you fit the criteria we are looking for. To apply please read the job advert and apply directly to the contact details within the job posting.
New job postings
We are looking for a go-getter Groups and Event Reservations Manager for our multi-property group of accommodation, restaurants and tours.
The Out of the Ordinary Outback group was formed in 2013 with a vision to provide travellers with the best outback experience in regional NSW. Now it's time to find the perfect person to take this role to the next level.
This role will juggle and multi-task the inbound group bookings, special event requests and tours for a range of hospitality venues in Outback NSW for a 7-property tourism group. You will be responsible for every aspect of an inbound enquiry, from pre-booking criteria to ensuring communications at each property and confirmations of bookings into our global bookings system.
As this is a varied role, your day will be varied from taking coach group bookings, administration, reporting and coordinating an event for a specific property all while promoting the properties with an "upsell" approach to ensure bookings such as accommodation, food and beverage packages and local touring is promoted as a way of facilitating the "ultimate" outback experience.
As a key player for the Out of the Ordinary group, you must be well-organized and competent in vendor management. Communication skills and attention to detail will set apart the best among the candidates. Add a shot of enthusiasm and passion for the job and you'll be our ideal candidate.
The goal is to organize unforgettable experiences that will ensure travel agents, guests and ITO's will rebook with us again.
The purpose of the Groups and Events Reservations Manager for the Out of the Ordinary Outback Group (OOO) is to provide a flexible and professional approach to fulfilling a variety of tasks such as:
- Understanding requirements for each enquiry inbound and outbound booking
- Planning events with attention to financial and time constraints
- Book properties and schedule run sheets for the direction for the property
- Research vendors (catering, decorators, musicians etc.) and choose the best combination of quality and cost
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favourable terms
- Engage in personnel and stakeholders for the relevant venue
- Manage all event operations (preparing venue, menus, accommodation, entertainment etc.)
- Do final checks on the day of the event (e.g. contact management on the day before arrival) to ensure everything meets standards
- Evaluate booking success and submit reports
To be most effective in this role, the applicant will be required to have:
- 5+ years experience in a simlar role
- The ability to be autonomous and take initiative to get the work done as part of the group's marketing goals outlined by the Marketing Manager
- Take a research approach to create proposals for specials events
- Ongoing professional development to keep ahead of digital and marketing trends
- The ability to form and maintain professional relationships, with a bright and optimistic demeanour
- The ability to provide a high standard of work within relevant deadlines
- Proven experience as an event coordinator or travel manager
- A proven track record of organizing successful events
- Proficient in MS Office
- Understanding of accommodation booking systems such as RMS or similar
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Knowledge of basic recruitment practices
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
- Able to handle stress and remain calm
- Problem-solving ability
- A degree or diploma in travel, hospitality management, public relations or relevant field is preferred but not essential
- Hours may vary including some weekend work.
The role requires travel to and from Broken hill often to ensure the clients needs are met
Please send your application with attention to Scott@cashpoint.com.au
Please ensure you have attached a cover letter and CV/ Resume.
Outback NSW tourism group, Out of the Ordinary Outback with its mix of Hotels, Motels and Caravan Parks, is looking for a hardworking Operations manager focusing on food and beverage who can control and grow the food and beverage aspect for the group
An opportunity exists to take control of the food and beverage for the group and managing all aspects of this The ideal candidate must be strong in stock ordering, stock control, logistics menu pricing and Cogs and most importantly understanding and controlling the Point of Sale (POS).
The ideal candidate will have a strong food and beverage experience as well as general management skills a thorough understanding of COGS and how to control stock, menus and most importantly people is crucial to the role
A background in all aspects of hospitality will be beneficial and you must be confident in all facets as you need to support the team in all avenues within the group.
This role requires a hands-on professional that is customer service focused with a passion for the industry to take our brand and group to the next level. It will require strong leadership skills It is a diverse and challenging position. It is also a rare opportunity to develop your career with a growing, ambitious, and unique hospitality group.
You will move between the properties ensuring that all aspects of the food and beverage are correct from stock, menus and staff.
Base salary of $80,000 with a performance bonus car allowance and including a subsided newly renovated unit in Broken Hill.
Your application should include 3 recent references and a demonstration of your skill set and how you would apply this to the above position.
Apply in writing to Scott Smith firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on seek here
Multi-Property Relief Management Couple.
Out of the Ordinary Outback group based in Broken Hill are looking for a dynamic active couple to provide hospitality management services for the group.
The Out of the ordinary Outback group have 7 properties in the far west of NSW from Hotels Caravan Parks and Motels and we require an experienced couple to move between these properties filling in where required in all aspects of hospitality.
The candidates must be able to run all aspects of food and beverage including cooking if required front office housekeeping anything that is needed to run a venue. The group has Motels Hotels and Caravan parks located in the far west of NSW.
The right couple may have already owned their own business and understand what it takes to deliver a quality hospitality experience.
The couple will be based in Broken Hill and move between the venue's accommodation can be provided in Broken Hill as part of the package and a car allowance will be paid as a reliable car is essential for this role.
Please send a cover letter and CV and describe why you think you are suited to the role and outline your experience in being able to deliver the above role.
If you satisfy ALL of the above criteria please upload your CV and Cover letter and define why you are the right candidate.
Salary negotiable guide is $140,000 and Accommodation, car allowance, phone and food included. Location base is Broken Hill however remote travel required.
Apply attention Scott Smith email@example.com or apply via seek here
The Famous Underground Motel in White Cliffs
We are seeking an experienced assistant manager to help run the Underground Motel located in White Cliffs NSW. The Underground motel has 40 motel rooms, bar and restaurant. The venue is one of the most unique in Australia and is a must do experience to add to your CV. The energetic candidate must have previous experience in a multi-faceted hospitality venue including cooking skills all bar service RSA and front of house experience.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years hospitality experience and know all aspects of running a successful business. Must have RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) Certificate and a food service certificate.
Start ASAP with training provided using RMS and the POS software
- Only applicants with strong references, a high work ethic and experience need apply.
- Assistant Management package includes all meals, accommodation, utilities and internet access (fair use policy applies)
- Please email your CV with a cover letter defining how you feel you fit this role and what you can bring to the table for this exciting opportunity.
- Looking at starting ASAP
If you satisfy ALL of the above criteria please upload your CV and Cover letter and define why you are the right candidates.
Apply attention Scott Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
The Broken Hill Outback Resort